Message from Global Studies Undergraduate Advisor Meghan Zero:
Due to the recent directive to move towards holding all classes and in-person meetings remotely in order to help limit any potential spread of COVID-19, I need to make a few shifts in the way that we can meet for advising appointments.
Please click here for full information about virtual advising options
Through the end of April, please avoid in-person meetings. Instead, please reach out in the following ways:
For contacting me anytime - this is fastest and best way to contact me:
1) You can ask me your question over email (email@example.com
), and I can write you back pretty quickly (usually within 24 hours, if not faster), along with screenshots of what I see in your degree audit, if applicable.
For scheduling appointments (9-noon and 1-2 pm) and when booking, please select one of these options
2) We can talk on the phone (give me a call at 805-893-7860 once your appointment time begins). I'd recommend that you pull up your own degree audit on GOLD (click on Progress, then Major and GE Progress Checks, then run the audit for Global Studies and open up the parts of the degree audit where you see red Xs or where you have questions) so we can reference it together.
3) You can add my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org
) to a new chat on Google Hangouts, with an optional video chat within the Google Hangouts app:
- you can access this app using the left side of your browser window if you're looking at your UCSB Gmail account on a computer
- or you can download the free Google Hangouts app to your phone and log in with your UCSB gmail account and start a chat with me
With both of the above options, I'd recommend that you pull up your own degree audit on GOLD (click on Progress, then Major and GE Progress Checks, then run the audit for Global Studies and open up the parts of the degree audit where you see red Xs or where you have questions) so we can reference it together.
For drop-ins (2-3:45 pm): There will be no in-person drop-ins until the campus recommendation to hold all classes and meetings remotely is lifted. Even if I am in my office, the door will be closed and you’ll have to select either the Google Hangouts option or the email option. Please have your degree audit pulled up from GOLD and specific questions in mind.
For signatures on paperwork: Let’s handle this over email (scan and send it to me, or take a very clear screenshot and send it to me). Or, submit it to the envelope on my door for pickup the next time I am in the office. For the next couple weeks, let’s focus on urgent paperwork needs only - if it can wait, let’s wait until after week 3 of spring quarter.
Please know that even with these advising format changes, I'm here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Wishing everyone a safe and healthy Finals Week and Spring Break!